2016 Lake Forest Day Parade
Thank you to all the participants for making the 2016 parade
the best parade ever!
The following are the award winners:
Commanders Trophy: Croya
Most Original: Lake Forest Bank & Trust
1st Place: Lo Maestro Performance Arts
2nd Place: School of St. Mary
3rd Place: St. Patrick Church
1st Place: Bravo Waukegan
2nd Place: Lake Forest Lake Bluff Histroical Society
3rd Place: Friends of Lake Forest Library
3rd Place: League of Women Voters
1st Place: Knauz Autopark
2nd Place: Sunset Foods
3rd Place: Orange Theory Fitness
1st Place: Lake Forest High School Class of '66, 50th Reunion
2nd Place: Lake Forest High School Class of '76
1st Place: Miss North Suburban Pageant
2nd Place: Miss Lake County Pageant
3rd Place: Vernon Hills Queens Pageant
Welcome to the 2017 Lake Forest Day Parade Application Process.
Parade Date: Wednesday, August 2nd, 2017
This year will mark the 109th edition of Lake Forest Day, sponsored by the American Legion Post #264. This year's theme is “ The American Legion Salutes Lake Forest High School, Eighty Years of Excellence”. Lake Forest Day is the largest annual celebration in the City and is attended by thousands of residents and visitors from surrounding communities. We welcome your participation. Why not contact a neighbor and enter a block or neighborhood float; or enter yourself and/or your family in costume? Enter a commercial float representing your business, church, school, or enter on behalf of your civic organization.
NOTE: If you do not receive an Email confirming your application, then we have not received it. Please make sure you fill-in all required fields, and submit your application again. Check the <Processed> Tab.
Awards will be given in the following categories: Children, Church/Schools, Civic/Fraternal, Commercial, Youth, Neighborhood/Individual along with Most Original, and the prized "Commander's Trophy". We will post the winners after 3:00 PM the day of the parade on this web site.
Your cooperation makes this a special community event. Remember the spirit of the event and enjoy yourself.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Lake Forest Day Parade Chairman
Please read the Parade Rules carefully:
1. Participants in the parade must keep moving so there will be no gaps. There is no stopping allowed unless the entry directly ahead of you has done so. If a gap occurs in front of you please move forward to close the gap.
2. All participants should decorate their float, car, etc. in the theme of the parade or in a patriotic theme.
3. Do not throw anything such as candy, favors or any other article from your float, car, etc. due to the danger that a child may run into the street and be injured. If you wish to pass things out, have someone walk along the parade route on each side of the float or group to hand out the articles. Anyone violating this policy will be pulled out of the parade.
4. Alcoholic beverages are strictly prohibited.
5. Only APPLICATIONS received by Thursday July 27th will be accepted and eligible for awards. Parade staging information will be available on Monday August 1st after 3:00 P.M. on this website: www.post264.org.
6. You MUST print your own Parade_Order_Number and attach it to the inside of your passenger side window before arriving at the parade staging area. If you have people dropping off participants or supplies, please forward them the Parade Order email and links to print your parade number and have them print your Parade_Order_Number and attached to the outside passenger side window. This will help the volunteers direct everyone to the right place without stopping them and asking them were they are going. More information can be found at the Map & Parade order tab of our website, or Thank you for your cooperation.
7. After entering the staging area with your Parade_Order_Number on the inside passenger window, please stop at the highest number for your Parade Order Number decade. Example: If you decade and Parade Order Number is between 29,28,27…20, then Please stop at the center cone marked 29. One of the parade volunteers will walk with you to your spot. This helps us deal with any issues of float length, music or other circumstances. Thank you for your cooperation.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Q: How much is the entry fee?
A: There is no entry fee.
Q: If I am dropping off a parade participant where should I park my car so that I could pick them up at the end of the parade?
A: Please park your car at West Park on Green Bay Road and Woodlands Road after your drop off your parade participant.
Q: Where will my group line up?
A: We try and place young children and our older participants towards the front of the parade. To get your exact location go to this website: and click on the tab <Map and Parade Order> on Monday July 31st after 3pm.
Q: Can I have music on my float?
A: Yes, we encourage participants to have music. Please indicate that you will have music on the parade application by selecting YES in the box next to music. It is important to do this, to make sure two floats with music are not next to each other.
All vehicles that are in the parade must enter Western Ave at Westleigh Rd from the South and proceed North to your assigned area. The parade will form at 9:00 A.M. SEE MAP. Please arrive at the staging are before 9:45 A.M. Any entry arriving after 9:45 A.M. bill be position at the rear of the parade.
There will be an official wearing a traffic vest located in your assigned area. Traffic on this section of Western Avenue will be halted for approximately three hours to permit safe parade assembly and execution.
Special notice to all parade entrants/participants: During previous years some parade entrants and/or float vehicles have arrived prior to the designated assembly time - some over two hours before start of the parade. Due to the narrow confines of Western Avenue in the assembly area between Vine Ave and Ryan Place, we cannot accommodate or position any early arrivals. Two-way traffic through the assembly area cannot be halted until 8:15 A.M. All early parade arrivals will be sent away from the assembly area and told to return via Westleigh Road as specified above. Please ensure that your parade personnel/drivers do not arrive before 8:30A.M. We need 100% cooperation in this vital area - it is a matter of public safety.
The parade will begin at 10 am at the intersection of Vine Ave/Western Avenue and proceed north on Western Ave to Westminster, (crossing Illinois Road and Deerpath), then turn left (west) on Westminster past Bank Lane, Forest Ave and Oakwood Ave to Summit Ave; then turn right (north) on Summit Ave to the end of the parade on the side of West Park near the Summit Ave/Summit Place intersection.
Use this form only to ask a question. The Parade Application is further down the page!